Resetting the waste ink counter Epson 1280

Bookmark and Share
Basically, resetting the waste ink counter is what worked for me, a little of my own improv. in step 2 but this is exactly what I did...

1. Turned off printer and disconnected power cord from outlet and then computer interface from the back of the printer.
2. Opened cover, pushed down little white lever that holds ink carriage and pulled out the entire ink carriage manually 6-7 inches. This gave me the access to clean the waste ink pad (sponge), which I did with a folded paper towel.
3. Re-attached power cord to outlet.
4. Held down both maintenance and roll paper button simultaneously, then turned on the power.
5. Continued to hold buttons until the maintenance and power lights flashed together, I then released both buttons and quickly held down only the roll paper button.
6. In 5-10 seconds the printer started to initialize.
7. Once the initialization was complete, I turned off the power.
8. Reconnected the computer interface.
9. Turned on the printer and I was back in business!
Again step 2 might be extraneous, this is what worked for me. Good Luck.

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment