HP LaserJet P1505n

Bookmark and Share
I bought the HP LaserJet P1505n about a year ago after my P1005 died an untimely death. The P1505n is the networked version of the P1505, which in turn is the big brother of the P1006. Its a monochrome laser printer that seems immensely capable whatever you ask of it.

The device is quite compact, at 14.9 x 9.6 x 8.9 inches and weighing in at 12.9 pounds. That doesnt count the paper tray or the output tray which both fold out the front and need to in order for it to work. Even with the trays out, its still a small footprint to content with. I work in a small basement office so every square inch is precious to me, which is one of the reasons I chose this printer.

Despite its size, the P1505n still handles 250 sheets of paper and has a 10 sheet multipurpose tray on top. Toners are inserted in a little drawer accessed from beside the tray and are easy to access when you need to.

So far I am happy with my purchase, the only thing I wasnt happy with was the lack of any documentation. It was only when I called Hewlett Packard to complain that they said it was all on the CD. Well, I wish they had indicated that somewhere on the box or inside! Other than that, the network connection worked fine, it appeared on my computer a few moments later and I installed the drivers on the CD.

The print engine in the P1505n is very quick, and efficient. It prints at around 24 pages per minute, which is a great speed. The print quality was also reassuring. I use a lot of typography so needed something that could handle fonts and text well, and I wasnt disappointed. Most of the ones I use are standard, but some are classed as exotic, and even these the printer handles well. Each appearing on the page well formed and easily readable, even at 3 point.

Photographs and images are good for a laser and almost good enough to use for commercial purposes. If I needed to print them regularly I would have no problem giving them to clients.

The HP LaserJet P1505n is a good little printer, ideal for users like me, or maybe even a small office who dont print a great deal. What it does print, it prints well, and quickly. This is one of the fastest laser printers I saw at this price, which is one of the reasons I bought it.

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment