HP LaserJet 1020

Bookmark and Share
I bought the HP LaserJet 1020 after reading reviews about it on a couple of websites. I always research my purchases, especially as cost doesnt always mean quality. I like to learn from others misfortunes before committing time and money to something.

I must admit I was glad I bought this, and not some of the others out there. Its small and quite easy to set up and the quality of the prints is excellent. It comes with a starter cartridge which lasts for around 1000 sheets of normal printing. A replacement only costs $30 and will last another 2000, or a high yield for $37 will last 3000 sheets.

I use this printer for personal stuff and have found it ideal. It is only black and white, but I dont need to print color. It connects to my computer by USB and is controlled completely from there. It has to be because there are no buttons or controls on the printer itself. It is pretty much a blank box, paper goes in one end and the print comes out the other. Any fiddling with settings or cancelling of print jobs has to come from the printer control panel on the pc, which isnt a problem for home users, but might be for an office.

The prints themselves are good. I mainly print code, or text and every single sheet I print looks clear and bright. I occasionally print an image or photograph and they come out okay too. The grays make the picture look old fashioned which adds extra appeal. It marks the color differences well, with a different shade of gray for each different color.

The LaserJet 1020 prints at something like 14 pages a minute, although I rarely print that many. The other good thing about it is that is warms up almost immediately, which is a nice bonus for us impatient users. It still takes a few seconds to warm once it has been powered down, but if you use standby its ready almost instantly.

This is a great black and white printer, ideal for the home or home office user. Its easy to put together, to install and to run. The prints are as good as youre likely to need and it wont let you down.

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment